Best VPN for Phones
VPN is an excellent tool to unblock websites, access services blocked by the government, copyright enforcers or the Wi-Fi admins. It could protect you from unreliable Wi-Fi hosts and sometimes unblock streaming services that sometimes have regional restrictions.
The use of a VPN isn’t only for a computer. Since most people are using their smartphones nowadays, you must secure your smartphones.
Finding a VPN Application for the Android platform that unlocks everything you need could be difficult, as most people are not aware of these apps’ features and internal policies on Google PlayStore.
Top-Rated VPN Providers like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, SurfsharkVPN and PureVPN are considered highly trusted and adopted by millions of Android, iOS, and Windows users.
Why should you select the Top-Rated VPN Apps?
The above VPN Apps can unblock any content which is blacklisted in your country.
- They do offer the highest 256-bit AES Encryption, which protects the browser-server communication.
- They come up with Strict No-Log Policy.
- Under this no-log policy, VPN providers never log users’ browsing activity over the internet. Hence, cybercriminals, internet service providers, government, ad networks never track user’s activity.
- They offer thousands of servers in multiple countries. Hence, without any restriction, you can access the restricted content over the internet.
- They can unblock streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney Hotstar, HBO, BBC iPlayer, and other sports networks like ESPN, NBC Sports, etc.
- They protect user’s sensitive information from the attack of the Public Wi-Fi hotspot.
Best VPN for Phones: Androids & iPhone
Android is the most popular operating system, and its privacy and anonymity are becoming very important these days.
1 – Surfshark VPN
This VPN is a speedy up-and-comer, packed with features.
- Protect your online payments
- Stay safe on public Wi-Fi
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Kill Switch disconnects you from the internet if your VPN connection drops to protect your sensitive data (like P2P downloads) from anyone.
- CleanWeb will keep your smart phone clean from ads, trackers, malware and phishing attempts.
- Whitelister can let you select apps & websites tha won’t connect via Surfshark on your device.
- Connect as many devices as you want to one account. No need to log out, either – Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connections.
- They only use industry-leading methods to guard your sensitive information by protecting IPsec/IKEv2 data with modern ciphers.
- Enjoy genuine privacy online with their strict no-logs policy.
2 – PureVPN
Suppose you are particularly keen on optimizing your online protection. In that case, you can set PureVPN up to work with your routers, smart TVs, browsers like Chrome and Firefox and streaming services like Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Roku.
They also have a ‘split-tunnelling’ feature, which means you can choose how and where you’d like to send traffic – through your VPN or internet service provider as usual. Your data can be split as needed.
PureVPN has a kill switch feature that works like a fail-safe. The goal is to make sure your privacy and anonymity are never compromised and that your personal information is never divulged.
PureVPN comes with the NAT Firewall add-on as well, so that all possible hacking loopholes are secured.
- Full online privacy on the go
- 140+ VPN locations to browse securely
- Ultra-fast VPN connections
- Connect with a Tap to be Safe Online
- Intelligent Quick Connect
- Connect to a Specific City/ Use Recommended Location for an optimal experience
- Auto Redial on Disconnect
- Powerful Security Protocols
- Dedicated P2P Servers
- Split Tunneling
3 – ExpressVPN
No doubt, ExpressVPN is the best recommendation, either you are using an iPhone or your PC. It allows you multiple licenses, which works well for all devices. It has many advanced features with a top encryption level. None of your identity gets leaked. You can trust it completely.
- Secure APK for Android 11, Android 10, Android 9, Android 8, Android 7, Android 6, and Android 5
- For Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow & Lollipop
- Browse, text, and share photos privately and securely
- Best-in-class mobile VPN service and support
- No-fuss 30-day money-back guarantee
- Built for iOS 14, 13, 12, 11, and 10
- For iPhone 12, 11, SE, XS, XR, and X; iPad Pro, Air, and Mini; and older devices
- Browse privately with ultra-secure iPad/iPhone VPN protection
- Connect your device to a vast network of 160 server locations in 94 countries.
- Enjoy industry-leading connection stability and reliability, no matter where you are in the world.
- Secure and protect all of your data with best-in-class AES 256-bit encryption.
- Strong leak proofing is enabled by default, ensuring your privacy and security stay intact.
- ExpressVPN continuously optimizes servers to deliver the fastest speeds possible.
- It has a multi-language feature that allows you to pick in any of 16 other languages.
- Choose which apps use ExpressVPN and which apps don’t when you’re connected.
Another popular choice of many. NordVPN is one of the cheapest VPN software but has advanced security and privacy. It allows you different servers across the world to give you the best speed.
- Secure internet – all your internet data stays safe behind a wall of next-generation encryption
- Ultra-fast connection
- Strict no-logs policy
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Privacy on the go
- VPN servers everywhere – choose from 5500+ servers in 59 countries
- Multiple devices
- Protect your data non-stop
- Personal IP
- Mask IP
- Double Protection
- Use with ease
- Onion over VPN
- Block malware and ads
- No data leaks
- Support 24/7
4 – Windscribe VPN
Windscribe is a network VPN service provider spread over 63 countries. Unlike other VPN service providers, Windscribe offers 10GB of data.
- Servers in over 63 countries and 110 cities
- Blocks IPs and domains (ads) of your choice on all devices
- They can’t personally identify you based on IP and timestamp
- They use AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key
- Generate OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard, and SOCKS configs for all your devices
- Generous free plans are available for those who are on a tight budget
- Split Tunneling
- Port Forwarding
5 – VyprVPN
It is incredibly easy to use. You can tap connect to find a local server, choose the fastest server, or browse the list if you want to specify a particular country.
You can see basic info on your connection, check a speed graph, and see a connection log. The good thing about the VyprVPN app is that you can also configure it to automatically connect according to your preferences — such as the time you usually connects to untrusted networks — which is perfect for public Wi-Fi protection.
It offers 70+ server locations spread across the globe, support for 256-bit encryption, and a exclusive technology called Chameleon, which masks the fact you are using a VPN service.
- Audited No-Log VPN
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- 70+ Worldwide Server Locations
- High-Speed Streaming
- Access to Restricted Content
- IP Address Protection
- High-End Encryption/NAT Firewall
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
6- Surfeasy VPN
SurfEasy is a Canada based virtual private network currently owned by Symantec. SurfEasy VPN uses encryption to help block hackers from stealing the personal info you send and receive over Wi-Fi.
The service provider has spread across the world with over 2000 ultra-fast servers in 31 countries (and increasing). Enhanced tracker blocker and bank-grade encryption are the key features making it one of the best free VPN apps for iPhone users.
- no-log network
- IP masking
- Bank-grade encryption
- No Data Limits
- Region Selection
- Ad-Tracker Blocking
- Torrent Compatibility
- Dedicated Customer Support
- 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Unlimited simultaneous use on five devices
- 99.9% uptime
To help you with which is the best for you, you better go to Google Playstore and check for the official application of the VPN you are looking for. Read the reviews and comments of various users. Do this with other VPN apps as well and compare. Reading these reviews and comments will help understand what issues users have faced and the ways that a VPN performs better.